My Example

'The best possible start to their teaching career'

Ofsted Report (2016)

My Example

'The key strength of the course is that I have felt completely supported on every step of my journey into teaching. '.

Nancy (DPSCITT Graduate, 2021)

A brief introduction…

What our trainees say..

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 weeks ago

Last week, we said farewell and celebrated the outstanding achievements of our 21st DPSCITT cohort! 🎉

A huge well done to all of you and we wish you every success with your next chapter.

We will miss you!

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 months ago

Hepzi's class have been busy exploring their local environment, to learn about living things and their habitats. Here, they are learning how to draw their own classification keys to identify native trees 🌳

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 months ago

In Year 2, Sammy's class have been learning about Andy Warhol and Pop Art. The children have been learning that complementary colours are used to make patterns *pop* on the page. They created a design on a polystyrene tile and used ink to print 🖌

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 months ago

Happy Platinum Jubilee weekend to all of our DPSCITT family!

Here are a couple of lovely activities that Jade & Lisa did with their classes last week to mark the occasion 🇬🇧👑

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT3 months ago

Our fabulous trainees are now coming towards the end of their training year and are currently out on their final teaching practice.

Lisa's Year 2 class have been busy learning about mini beasts.
The children have made some beautiful...

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT3 months ago

A great science training session yesterday - the trainees had fun exploring the impact and potential of getting children to demonstrate their understanding of a scientific concept creatively…!

Devon Teacher Training DPSCITT

From our Former Trainees

thumb_01_60_60Rob

2019

The willingness of all DPSCITT staff to go above and beyond in their support of their trainees is amazing. They were always there for you. This support was also very visible in the way the subject tutors supported us as a cohort. I exchanged numerous emails with diverse tutors and all of them went out of their way to help however they could.

Nancy 

2021

The key strength of this course without a doubt is the support which I have had as a trainee. I have felt completely supported with every step of my teaching journey by both the DPSCITT staff and the staff at my placement schools, and I cannot thank you enough. I felt so proud to be able to celebrate securing a teaching job for September and to be able to say that I trained with DPSCITT!

thumb_02_60_60Donna

2020

Trust the SCITT process: it works! I have felt supported by SCITT every step of the way. It’s like being part of a SCITT family – Kate, Sam, Helen and trainee teachers have all played their part in making me become the teacher I want to be.

I am excited about the journey ahead and also pleased to know that I will also have SCITT with me on my journey as an Early Career Teacher.