My Example

'The best possible start to their teaching career'

Ofsted Report (2016)

My Example

Update : September 2022 Entry

We still have some places available for our 2022-23 Primary Teacher Training Course starting in September. Please contact us if you have any questions about the course or the application process.

A brief introduction…

What our trainees say..

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 weeks ago

A great science training session yesterday - the trainees had fun exploring the impact and potential of getting children to demonstrate their understanding of a scientific concept creatively…!

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT3 weeks ago

Want to make a difference everyday? Have you considered primary school teaching? Places are available on our award-winning, school-based teacher training course in Devon starting in September 2022.

Find out more by joining us for an online 'open evening' on Tuesday...

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT1 month ago

Devon Primary SCITT : Training from September 2022
Applications remain open for the final places on our award-winning primary teacher training course, starting this September. To find out more, please visit our website at dpscitt.ac.uk which includes information about the course and the...

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 months ago

A big welcome to Emma Sivyer, who will be joining the DPSCITT team as Senior Tutor from September. Emma brings extensive teaching, school leadership and teacher training experience from her previous roles, and will be supporting the development and growth of our programme moving forward....

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT3 months ago

Our Trainees got very creative yesterday!

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT3 months ago

Happy World Book Day 📚📖

https://www.worldbookday.com/

Devon Teacher Training DPSCITT

From our Former Trainees

thumb_01_60_60Rob

2019

The willingness of all DPSCITT staff to go above and beyond in their support of their trainees is amazing. They were always there for you. This support was also very visible in the way the subject tutors supported us as a cohort. I exchanged numerous emails with diverse tutors and all of them went out of their way to help however they could.

Nancy 

2021

The key strength of this course without a doubt is the support which I have had as a trainee. I have felt completely supported with every step of my teaching journey by both the DPSCITT staff and the staff at my placement schools, and I cannot thank you enough. I felt so proud to be able to celebrate securing a teaching job for September and to be able to say that I trained with DPSCITT!

thumb_02_60_60Donna

2020

Trust the SCITT process: it works! I have felt supported by SCITT every step of the way. It’s like being part of a SCITT family – Kate, Sam, Helen and trainee teachers have all played their part in making me become the teacher I want to be.

I am excited about the journey ahead and also pleased to know that I will also have SCITT with me on my journey as an Early Career Teacher.