My Example

'The best possible start to their teaching career'

Ofsted Report (2016)

My Example

‘The key strength of this course without a doubt is the support which I have had as a trainee. I have felt completely supported with every step of my journey’

Nancy (2021 Graduate)

A brief introduction…

What our trainees say..

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT7 days ago

Applications for entry to the DPSCITT course in September 2022 are now open. In this clip, former trainees talk about the quality of support they received during their course.

If you are interested in training with us next year, you can register...

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT1 week ago

Look at what our very artistic trainee teachers created as part of their art session yesterday!
Inspired by the work of Friedensreich Hundertwasser and local buildings.
What a talented bunch 🎨

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT1 week ago

What amazing mammoths!

Last week, Charlotte's class took part in STEM week.
They focused on how recycling and waste management can make a difference to the environment.
The children then made 'milk bottle mammoths', to show how recycling can...

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 weeks ago

We think that the children will remember this lesson! 🔥
Sammy's class have been learning about how the fire spread so quickly in the Great Fire of London.
They used a brick to show how houses in 2021 are made. They also...

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 weeks ago

Georgia's very creative Year 2 class have written their own poems inspired by the children’s book/poem ‘I love bugs!’
The children chose their own topics about something they loved and learnt how to structure a poem and create noun phrases to describe their...

Devon Primary SCITT
Devon Primary SCITT2 weeks ago

Here are some photos from a science practical Marc taught last week. The children were investigating the thermal conductivity of different materials. The photos show the children testing how good cotton wool is as a thermal insulator, measuring the temperature of the water in the...

Devon Teacher Training DPSCITT

From our Former Trainees

thumb_01_60_60Rob

2019

The willingness of all DPSCITT staff to go above and beyond in their support of their trainees is amazing. They were always there for you. This support was also very visible in the way the subject tutors supported us as a cohort. I exchanged numerous emails with diverse tutors and all of them went out of their way to help however they could.

Nancy 

2021

The key strength of this course without a doubt is the support which I have had as a trainee. I have felt completely supported with every step of my teaching journey by both the DPSCITT staff and the staff at my placement schools, and I cannot thank you enough. I felt so proud to be able to celebrate securing a teaching job for September and to be able to say that I trained with DPSCITT!

thumb_02_60_60Donna

2020

Trust the SCITT process: it works! I have felt supported by SCITT every step of the way. It’s like being part of a SCITT family – Kate, Sam, Helen and trainee teachers have all played their part in making me become the teacher I want to be.

I am excited about the journey ahead and also pleased to know that I will also have SCITT with me on my journey as an Early Career Teacher.